Let’s get fired up and get ready to make some SIGNIFICANT progress on our goals. Are you ready to set some goals? Are you with me? Are you ready for that moment you decide you deserve a seat in First Class?
I have a very simple mindset idea for you today. It can make the difference between feeling overwhelmed vs. at-ease when it comes to building healthy new habits.
What if instead of trying to toss your old, not-so-great habits (i.e., snacking on candy during the afternoon, grabbing that bagel for breakfast, etc.) or completely overhaul your lifestyle, you focused on UPGRADING your existing habits?
By that I mean, trade “up” in your choices.
This shift in your thinking – and your actions! – makes change a lot easier. That’s because you aren’t trying to “undo” something.
Rather than feeling deprived, it will feel like you’re treating yourself (because you are – and your body will appreciate it!).
Here are some examples of what I’m talking about.
- If you normally eat a muffin for breakfast, upgrade it to a sprouted-grain bread topped with almond butter and natural strawberry preserves.
- If you scroll social media during work or lunch breaks, you could upgrade that by heading outside to take a walk instead.
- A cookie can be upgraded for a cup of your favorite fruit.
- Try a grass-fed beef burger instead of hitting the drive-through.
- A sandwich at lunch can become a chopped salad (seriously, have you ever had a chopped salad? Deliciousness in every bite.).
Your assignment: think of at least one habit you’d like to upgrade (get more exercise, eat more veggies, etc.). Then, think about your current actions actions and what you’re going to “upgrade’ it to going forward.
What’s ONE upgrade you’re going to commit to during the month of October?
At TASH Wellness for Women, we are here for you! Our specialty is working with women that have a substantial amount of weight to reduce, or women that are 50 and above. As a Functional Aging Specialist, Integrative Corrective Movement Instructor and as an Ageless Fitness facility, we get all our women moving functionally for the rest of their lives. TASH Wellness for Women is not a gym – it’s a journey and it’s YOUR community. We serve women in Skokie, Wilmette, Winnetka, Evanston, Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Niles, Park Ridge, Northbrook, Glencoe, Glenview, Riverwoods, Chicago and Des Plaines.